Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Coming of the Rending Pony

OK. Here it is.
After a series of clicking random links on the From the Warp, I ended up on this wonderful post.

The Rending Pony

So naturally after stumbling upon this, I just had to have one.

I've gone and ordered the most important member of the Fellowship of the Ring from my FLGS, so I'll start on converting it once it comes in. Might I add, this is going to be my cheapest Apocalypse unit so far. [Massive savings!]

Oh man, I almost made a Revenge of the Sith reference. That was close.
Alright, so the next thing I need to do is make stats for "Inquisitor Samwise, Herald of the Rending Pony". I'm thinking that Samwise should be either 499pts, or 999pts, just to round off the points to 2,500, or 3,000.
Now for stats....

Samwise needs to be extremely sturdy, and/or able to deep strike.
I want the carrot to be the main weapon. I'm thinking it will double as a Power Weapon and some kind of shooting attack...
Something like:

Inquisitor Samwise, Herald of the Rending Pony: 499-999pts
WS  BS  S   T  W  I  A  Ld  Sv
  6     4   10  8   5   1  3  10  2+/2++

Weapon(s):
-The Rending Carrot:
RANGE    STR    AP    SPECIAL
    36"        10       2      Lance, Rapid Fire

-Universal Special Rules: Eternal Warrior, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Herald of the Rending Pony*,  Relentless, Rending, Scout, Stealth, and Stubborn.
-Herald of the Rending Pony: Confers the Deep Strike Universal Special Rule to all Rending Ponies. Rending Ponies that you control that Deep Strike within 12" of this model do not scatter.
-Rending Carrot: The Rending Carrot is Two-Handed Power Weapon that confers the Rending Universal Special Rule to it's user.

Now, I do believe that the Rending Pony originated over at Ultramarine Blues, check out some of his stuff.

~Well, there you have it folks, stats and points for the Herald of the Rending Pony, if you think the points/stats need some tweaking, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment